Thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of this conference.
Our sponsors, listed alphabetically were:
Arrow Transportation Systems Inc
Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia (AMEBC)
Avanti Mining Corp
Copperfox Metals Inc
Fortune Minerals Inc
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Invest Northwest BC
Northwest Corridor Development Corporation
Pretium Resources Inc.
Progressive Ventures Ltd.
Terrace Totem Ford
The business program follows with thanks to all of our speakers.
Wednesday April 24 - Pre-Conference Field Trips/Workshops
JoAnne Nelson, Cordilleran Geoscience, MEMNG, Terrace Area Site Tour
Rio Tinto Alcan Kitimat Modernization Project Tour
C3 “Let’s Talk Mining Workshop”
Thursday April 25 - morning program
Official Welcome First Nations, Local Governments, Organizing Committee Chair
Regional Geologist Talks - Jeff Kyba, Northwest; Paul Jago Northeast
First Nation Perspectives, Aboriginal Engagement & Community Development
- Kitselas Treaty Approval-in-Principle Update, Mel Bevan, Chief Negotiator Ketselas Treaty Office
- Tahltan First Nation Annita McPhee, President Tahltan Cen-tral Council
Mining Builds Communities - Karina Briño, President & CEO Mining Association of BC
The Kitsumkalum Business Model - Roger Harris, President, Kalum Quarry Limited Partnership
Mining Project Reports (Part 1)
- Red Chris, Steve Robertson, Exploration Manager Imperial Metals
- KSM Project, Brent Murphy, Vice-President, Environmental Affairs Seabridge Gold Inc.
Keynote Speaker: Andrew Bell, Business Network News Sponsored by: AMEC & Interior Heavy Equipment School
Thursday April 25 - afternoon program
Mining Project Reports (Part 2)
- Kutcho Creek - Capstone Mining
- Schaft Creek- Elmer Stewart, Chairman and CEO Capstone Mining
- Brucejack, Joseph Ovsenek, Chief Development Officer Pretium Resources Inc.
- Kitsault Molybdenum Mark Premo, CEO Avanti Kitsault Mine Ltd.
- Granduc, Brad Leonard, Exploration Manager Castle Resources Inc.
Building Transmission & Distribution Project and Program Delivery
- Northwest Transmission Status Report, Bruce Barrett, VP Transmission, Distribution and Program Delivery for BC Hydro
- AltaGas Northwest Projects Update, Dan Woznow, Divisional Vice-President - Asset Management AltaGas Ltd. - Power Division
Friday, April 26, morning program
Keynote Speaker: Trevor Linden, Vancouver Canucks Alumni Sponsored by: Valard Construction & Lakelse Financial Group
Minerals North Grand Prize Draw
Geoscience in Northern BC
- Northern BC Projects of Geoscience BC ‘Lyn Anglin, President & CEO Geoscience BC
- Terrace Area Retrospective, JoAnne Nelson, Senior Minerals Geologist, Cordilleran Geoscience, BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Natural Gas
Member of Parliament Remarks, Nathan Cullen, MP Skeena Bulkley Valley
Mining Project Reports (Part 3)
-Galore Creek, Andrew Thrift, Manager - Environment & Community Affairs Galore Creek Mining Corporation
-Arctos Anthracite Project, Carl Kottmeier, Project Manager Fortune Minerals
-Terrace Area Projects, Ray Cook, President & CEO Argonaut Exploration Inc.
-Blackwater, Tim Bekhuys, Environment and Sustainability Director New Gold Inc.